Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I Want a Cool Dog

I noticed last night that the web is slowly replacing television for me. While my wife read a book and watched American Idol in the background, I focused on finding useless things to read on the Internet. I'm not sure which is worse, channel surfing on TV or the Internet. They both stink.

But at The Food Section, I was pleased to learn about the Cool Dog, a melding of two of my favorite foods: the hot dog and ice cream. When I learned of it, I excitedly began anticipating summer and the chance to try one of these delicacies, but when I reviewed the Cool Dog website, I learned they aren't selling them yet in Michigan. Apparently it's difficult to penetrate the grocery market and compete with the big guns like Nestle's Drumstick or the Choco Taco.

I've considered selling myself as a retailer to have some shipped to me, but I'm not sure we have the freezer space for a pallet of ice cream hot dogs. I'm also not sure what my wife would think. The New York Times wrote a story about the Cool Dog, too. Note the Cool Dog is 14% butterfat. I'm all about the fat. If you're interested, ask your grocer to carry them and maybe we can all enjoy them at a picnic by the lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt the dog in their logo the same dog from those icecream treats for dogs? Maybe they're related.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, ice cream hot dog...